Denise J. Knecht, Attorney
Employment Law and General Practice
Denise J. Knecht Co. LPA 216-621-4882
700 W. St. Clair Ave. Hoyt Block Suite 214 Cleveland, Ohio 44113
The Top Twelve Ways Employees Hurt Their Legal Rights
- Signing agreements that waive legal rights.
- Signing agreements on an employment application before being offered a job.
- Signing a non-compete agreement without a severance covering a commensurate period of time.
- Agreeing to company policies that allow the company to discipline/fire employees based on personal/private activities.
- Putting company expenditures on personal credit cards.
- Putting personal expenditures on company credit cards or expense reports.
- Signing broad waivers of medical privileges for workers compensation when a narrow waiver is all that is required.
- Signing broad waivers of medical privileges to enroll in company health and disability plans.
- Indemnifying the employer from damages for wrong done to the employee.
- Failing to respond to an inaccurate performance review.
- Failing to report unfair or unlawful activity.
- Agreeing to final and binding arbitration to resolve workplace disputes.